Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by bcraig
Thinking about getting a Low recoil deer rifle for hunting from ranges of say 25 yards to 400 yards.Prefer stainless rifle

The cartridges I am thinking about are 243 Winchester,6.5 Creedmore,Maybe 260 Remington.

I will be using on deer weights of approx 150 Pound average,some a little more and some a little less.

I will be shooting FACTORY ammo ONLY.

Which cartridge would you prefer and why?
Which rifle and why?

Thank

One of the 6.5 Creed's advantages is the excellent factory ammo from Hornady and Winchester/Olin. Deer aren't hard to kill, so either will do, but the 129 grain Hornady SST factory load, at least in the lots the I've shot, have been very accurate and in a very small sample size, deadly.

I would agree that 243 factory ammo is exponentially more common than 6.5 Creedmoor, but anyone who plans ahead can order it from an on-line retailer and have it delivered to his/her mailbox, usually within a couple of days.

I have RAR-Predators in both 243 and 6.5 Creed. Both are accurate with factory ammo, with the advantage going to the Creed. Both rifle are set up with the same rings and scopes, so they are as equal as two randomly purchased factory built rifles could be. I'm happy with both.

Howa is now making the 1500 in 6.5 Creed and if SAS can sell them for $330, that would be a heck of a buy. AFAIK, Howa and Savage are the only manufacturers currently cataloging a stainless rifle in 6.5 Creed.

Hi
Called myself looking for a Stainless Howa 6.5 Creedmore and cant seem to find one.
Who is SAS for a blued one for $330.?
I called a Local sportsmans warehouse and they have a blued Ruger American rifle 6.5 Creedmore for $430.00 ouch

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money