Originally Posted by Joseywales
I don't think it matters whether he was armed or not. As was pointed out somewhere early on in this thread, he could have put his hand in his pocket, an detonated a device. Sound crazy?

The farmers were planning this for weeks, if not months. They proved that by having supplies to hold up in the building. Is it unreasonable to think that they could have created an explosive device? It's easy to know now what he did or didn't have. Let's look at what the officers did know, even aside from his public comments, actions, etc. Just look at the traffic stop.

Suspect vehicle stops initially. Sits for a period of time. What are they doing? Preparing a device? Drawing up a plan? Eating popcorn? Watching the debate? Who knows.

Suspect then drives away from police. To go where? Maybe just to draw more LEOs in, so he can kill as many as possible with the device and make a more profound statement?

Suspect exits the vehicle and, at least from what we see, appears to not be acting like someone in compliance. I'm guessing the LEOs weren't saying: "Raise your hands. Lower your hands. Turn this way. Now that way. Put your hands near you waste. Now near your pockets. Do the hokie-pokie." I assume this, based on the actions of the second suspect. He exits the vehicles, raises his hands, and tosses a weapon.

LEOs have a duty to us. They also have a duty to each other and their families. That is to get home safely. I'm sure there are bad LEOs out there, but I bet most don't take satisfaction in taking a life.

We weren't there. But if I wanted to comply with LEOs, I don't think that video shows how I'd go about it.

Josey,

BINGO! here's a winner.

Now, stop being logical or someone will come along and ask you "how's that working for you".

Geno

PS, the campfire, at least the "Hunter's Campfire" portion of it, thrives on inanities. Please strive to keep it that way, some folks really enjoy it. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?