About two weeks ago I had two checks bounce. I went straight to the bank and asked what happened because my records seemed perfect. The "personal banker" guy sat down and went over it with me, and even refunded the overdraft charges without me even asking.

Then he and I sat and matched up every deposit and every debit going back to April last year, even though the checkbook had been balanced at least three times since then. The mistake is in the neighborhood of $300, and we can't find it.

He complimented me on the neatness of the check register, and I did all the math again and still can't find any errors. He made copies of the pages in my check register last week and did the same thing. Nothing is in the credit column that should be in the debit column, or vice versa. We're both at a loss to find any mistake.

Late today we passed it off to a female "personal banker" who will look at it again, just to get a set of fresh eyes on it. I'm not optimistic, but hey, who knows?

Here's question #1 -- Could the bank have made an error in math? Seems impossible because it's all done by computer, but right now I don't have any other explanation.

Here's question #2 -- If we can't find any error on the on my side and the bank can't explain why I was overdrawn, what happens? If the bank can't prove I've made an error, how can I get them to consider my checkbook to be correct and credit me approximately three Benjamins?

Here's question #3 -- Have you ever heard of such a thing? This has been unresolved for at least two weeks now.

Thanks.
Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt