Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
You balanced 10 months ago, but only went back 6 month.

You need to go back another 4 months, until the last time you balances.

No. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. The bank and I agreed in April last year what was in my account. That's a matter of record. Since then I have balanced it three times using the bank's statement. I write almost all of my checks at the first of the month, so most of the time around the 20th of the month I can tell by my deposit receipt that the balance agrees with my check register, so I don't bother doing the math. There's even one place, because of that, where the guy at the bank said today, "It balances here."

Right now I'm guessing there are some transposed numbers we haven't noticed. I can't imagine the bank's computer making a simple math error.

Many years ago I remember bouncing a check and the bank called me. They found that they inadvertently put my payroll check into someone else's account. I don't k now how that happened, but it got corrected real fast.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt