My first "real" gun (after a BB gun) was a Stevens 22/410 when I was very young. However, being young and stupid I later sold it to a guy who offered me double what my father paid (still below what they are worth). Anyways, I always regretted it and this year found a much nicer - still far from mint condition replacement.
The rear sight could wiggle side to side and it bothered me, so I made a new non-adjustable solid steel replacement - it's much smaller and fits rock solid. Then I decided to refinish the stock - which I thought would be the last improvement.... The front sight was hard for me to see especially in lower light so I machined 2 new fiberoptic replacements. And finally the infamous trigger guard. The one on my original broke and it was the only visible pot metal on this one so I decided to make a replacement from real steel. I decided to use a button head capscrew instead of the stupid low profile slotted screw. This allows me to use a ball end wrench and tighten/loosen easily from the hammer slot when the hammer is cocked.

I would/will post pictures but the parts are all out getting hot blued as we speak. Pictures to come.