Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Savage and Stevens combination guns have some collector interest, but only for those units in great condition or in an uncommon configuration.

I'd look at a front sight from GPC or Jack First, but instead of the open rear sight, I'd look for a Redfield peep sight that mounts via the grooves in the top barrel. These are alloy sights, maybe the RE-24s? There is also a similar Williams peep sight, maybe the WGRS-24?

If you're interested in the Savage 24s, the best write-up that I've read is Marshall Stanton's article in the Tech Notes section at www.beartoothbullets.com

This "How To" set of instructions may also be of interest to you, as the trigger pull on the Savage 24s of all ages tend to run from bad to worse: http://www.cylindersmith.com/savage24/24trig.html

EDIT: I have a Bushnell 4x20 scope on my .22Mag over 410, attached via B-Square Weaver adapters and B-Square SUV 1" rings.

Yeah, I messed with the trigger on mine. You can't lighten the pull but you can make them break crisper. BTW, getting the trigger assembly back together in the receiver can be tough without using a slave pin. I made one from a finish nail.

Here is mine. .22 mag / 20 ga. It does not look quite as nice as the picture anymore. It is my "4wheeler gun" on the farm.

[Linked Image]

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb