I was zeroing in my MRC X2 in 7mm08 over the weekend. I was shooting Hornady American Whitetails 139 grn. I been shooting it the past few weekends justvworking on breaking it in and shooting groups . I had run through a box and a half and i was getting pretty consistance groups of 1 -1.25 inches. I was happy with both the rifle and the ammo as honestly thats about as good as I can shoot with my wiggly bench. After I zero'd the rifle I pulled out my Encore with a 7mm08 pistol barrel. I Figured I would shoot the last half of the box just for the practice. The third shot in I had a misfire. The primer had a dent in it same size and depth as the ones that fired. I had 3 more misfires in a row. So I grabbed a another box of ammo and the next two out of the new box fired right off through the encore. I tired one of the rounds out of the box that was misfiring with my rifle and the one I tried misfired as well. I tried another out of the bad box in the encore and it fired as well. I guess I had a box with bad primers. I dont shoot alot but I have been buying ammo and hunting for 35 yearscand only had one misfire and that was out of a shotgun.
I cant trust the Hornady American Whitetails anymore. I will shoot up the last two boxes of it for practice but I got home yesterday and ordered a few boxes of Remington Coreltks 140 grn rounds and I will see how they shoot through the X2. Maybe I am over reacting and I am sure i will hear about guys who had the same experience with just about every brand. Im just more confortable with the Remingtons in a hunting situation as I never had a bad round out of them over the last 35 years. Hopefully the rifle will like them.

Last edited by Boarmaster123; 02/29/16.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.