Have to agree with shrapnel...out past 50 yards most handgun bullets become nothing more than a hole punch...but since most of my deer shooting is under 50 yards it is interesting to play with home cast HPs...

tdd...I have a simple formula for H110 powder...fill the case till the bullet just rests on the top of the powder charge. Gets the lowest Standard Deviation, best accuracy and highest safe velocity...works for jacketed and cast. A Cast Performance 255 LBT will take 22.0 grains and get mid-1400s. A 250 CP LBT has a longer shank and shorter nose and will only take 20 grains of powder... And when shot out of my S&W revolvers the cases all eject smoothly... I would not do it with a .45 Colt but works fine in any of the Magnums...

Ron...any MeHic mold you are looking for send him PM over on the CastBoolit forums...he often has over-runs for sale. I've bought two from him that way.

Did a bunch of selling and trading last month... Finally decided I just didn't want to shoot the 357PD and 357NG anymore and sold them both...they were just unpleasant to shoot with the grips that fit my hand. Then picked up a 8 3/8" Model 57 made in 1964 to complete my collection of First Year of Production guns...so I sold off a 657 8 3/8" that I hardly ever shot and it brought almost as much as I paid for the 57...so it has been a good year...

58, 4" 57, 5" 57, 6" 57 with new 8 3/8" 57...

[Linked Image]

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....