John can comment on this since he is the one who alerted me to run out years ago through his writings.

But anyway I started sorting cases and loaded ammo based on .005 or less being acceptable for BG rifles. I understand wanting to get factory or hand loads as close to perfection as possible but discovered that in many hunting rifles groups didn't improve a whole lot if I shot the stuff way under .005.

Maybe target or varmint rifles but for BG sorting .005 and under did a great job of eliminating the funky flyers.

Had a couple of pre 64 M70 30/06's that would simply bug hole with this treatment. I think that run out is the real culprit with a lot of rifles that don't group well.

One question I have is that the True Angle literature says run out is a by product of brass too thin on one side of the neck. I can understand that but can't reconcile fired brass that comes out of a chamber virtually perfect, but has excessive run out after resizing? I always figured sizing and imperfect seating was the culprit?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.