I owned a couple M1a's and an AR-10... In an M1a I liked my Bush Rifle a lot. Much lighter than my full sized walnut version.... I think they were calling it the "Loaded" model at that time. Both were accurate rifles. The bush rifle had some muzzle blast to it. I put a tritium front sight, and ghost ring rear aperture, and modified a light holder meant for a shotgun, and mounted a Surefire with a pressure switch, and for a while it was my bump in the night gun.

My AR10 was the big DPMS LR308 with the 24" bull barrel. Freaky accurate. Way fun to lob shots at long range and watch trace. BIG heavy beast.

If I were buying another semi 308, AR all the way. Just a much easier platform to deal with and I pretty much need a scope these days.

Always wanted to take that M1a Bush rifle hog hunting in California. It was, at the time, Cali legal.

My buddy B has a couple lighter AR10's set up tactical. Pretty sweet.

Expensive sunsabitches to feed properly though.... .223 wins big time there! Back when 200-round battle packs of NATO milsurp 7.62 were $40 the semi auto .308 made more sense. Now, too rich for my blood, to really "do the voodoo they do" ....

With no bear trouble in 25 years I've gone to AR15's for my grab guns.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!