michigan - That's what makes these sites so valuable.

Not to worry now, unless you are looking at buying a used Sako or perhaps a new one that has sat on a dealers shelf somewhere for the last few years. Even given that scenario, all dealers were given serial #'s of the affected rifles for recall purposes. That's easily handled and/or verified as well by going to the Beretta site or calling them and asking which serial #'s were involved in the recall. This event occured some 2-3 years ago, but it is possible that many never heard about the issue, so my suggestion would be to verify the serial # prior to making a purchase. Most dealers would probably still retain a list of those rifles affected. Just prudent and safer to do so. Some people have few scruples and would rather turn a product for the best price, less giving the potential buyer the benefit of knowing about a possible issue/recall. Not responsible nor showing much integrity, but it does occur.

Given the oversights and additional QC obviously implemented by Beretta concerning that recall, I would have a great deal of faith in the fact that such a situation is much less likely to reoccur.

I'm excited for your purchase and hope that you'll keep us updated as to your activities in that regard.

Best of luck to you.