Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by KFWA
there is definitely a role for someone willing to call a Senior Senator a liar on the Senate floor, regardless of what his ulterior motive was.

Cruz would be a good enforcer - and he'd probably relish the role as an opportunity to rebuild his somewhat tarnished reputation in a presidential bid for 2020 of whenever.

I think Cruz has to rebuild some trust among the base.I really don't blame him for what he's done in an attempt to win the presidency but I do think he badly misread how to get there. Once he realized he lost the role as the "outsider" in the race, he just reverted back to politics as usual.

He can't do that again - unless Trump redefines what the usual politics are.

I think I'd like him as AG - but I still don't believe he is on board for stopping illegal immigration. I just have serious reservations about any first generation American - especially one with dual citizenship being dedicated to stopping mass immigration into this country.

The "base" has been totally alienated from this election. Nothing new.

if you define base as anyone who thinks the will of the people should be ignored, then good

keep on permanent ignore

The alternative to liberal is conservative. Liberals are the Democrat's base, conservatives are the Republican's base. It is not a subjective term that is up for interpretation. There are no conservatives in the race.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.