Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by bobhanson1
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
For a dog, this will work every time, but it is off label usage.

Get some injectable Ivermectin from the vet that is designed for deworming cattle. For a "big" dog, the dose is between 2 and 5 cc. It works on fungus, lice, worms, ticks, fleas--just about anything that grows or bites.

One shot and done.

Ivermectin has no effect on a fungus like ringworm. It's strictly for parasites.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10311-003-0049-0

Nope, it cures ringworm just fine, a fungus. Many large animal vets will tell you the same thing on cattle on higher application rates. It's simply off-label use for ringworm. How it works I do not know, but that it does work is a guarantee and rather well-known for many years in farm/ranch country. Heck, I remember the cow vet using it on our dog back when I was kid, so we're talking at least three decades of knowing about it. Maybe it causes some other reaction in the animal that then results in getting rid of ringworm--bottom line is that the critter will be rid of their fungal infection, whether cow or dog.

It works on cats with ringworm too, if anyone cares about them. Don't quote me, but I think the cat dose is 1/2 cc.

If you give too large of a dose to a dog or cat, yes it will kill them.

I run nearly 10,000 head of bulls through the chute a year and many have ringworm that the owners are wanting to clear up.

Ivomec does not kill ringworm. Like Sam said, it is a parasiticide. Kills worms and such. Does nothing for ringworm. The past few years most bulls are getting hit with Ivomec 2 to 3 times a winter as the louse are becoming more tolerant of it and yet there continues to be ringworm everywhere.

Well, it works around here on thousands of head of cattle, so maybe there is something else going on. Either different "species" of fungus that respond differently, or else it kills the parasite load so that the critters somehow have a different immune response to the ringworm itself.

Also, are you "pouring" or doing "injectable?" I am only claiming that the injectable works against ringworm, and usually requires a higher off-label dose to do so.