Dan

Great info. I"m honored to be in presence of a DD competitor. I"ve only shot 3 pistol matches netting 2 golds and an also ran.... I"m not a pistol shooter, but would like to snag the other 10 points just to do it. One of these years I"ll make another pistol match. Figuring shouldn't take more than 1-2 more to get 10 more points..... I stand strong on timed and slow fire. Rapid kills me.

You finished out some data on 10-20-30. IIRC they did away with some of the toughness regs. Used to be you had to earn a medal at Perry OR have a hard leg, IE a full 10 pointer win, IE could not shoot all 6 points legs. But that was done away with but my wife and I did it when it was a reg. Makes it easier these days but its still tough.

Got the P100 a few times rifle wise, never been to Perry for pistol but thinking...... manage the DD badge, then I should buy a pistol instead of borrowing one, and go to Perry a few times for P100 in pistol too.

Idaho: Take to heart what Dan has said. Those badges may not have monetary value to many(though as history CMP would be interested, especially that it attaches to DD status)
Those badges would very dear to my heart, even not intimately knowing my father. Family heirlooms for sure in my book. After reading my posts and Dan's you should rest assured the accomplishment was very major and from a fine shooter.
Altoona is a range I've heard mentioned before in PA if my memory is correct.
If you want to link more info, there is a website, nationalmatch.us where there are folks from the PA area that are this type of shooters and may eventually be able to lead you to more background info.
Also note there is a book held at Camp Perry in Ohio that lists more data of all distinguished shooters, I browse in it time to time when at Perry and killing time. May well show more info date wise on the medals.

Good luck and congrats, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....