I am in the early stages of planning a full build from the ground up. Hope to start acquiring parts in the spring or begin sending parts out for work by the same time frame.

Going to start with a Ruger #1 action. The goal is a light and trim walking rifle. Here is the basis of what I want to have done:

Have the receiver, lever, trigger guard (and maybe quarter rib and scope rings) case colored.
Recessed safety and a trigger job are definitely in order.
Probably won’t use the factory barrel rib—will likely go Talley rings too. If I do use the factory rib, I will try to source some of the old vertical split Ruger rings.
Custom wood stock made, fitted and finished; will either be French or Turkish walnut.
Ebony fore end tip.
Skeleton grip cap (debating on blued or case colored)
Full octagon barrel—probably go with a soldered swivel stud instead of barrel band swivel stud.
On the fence about sights. If sights make it on there, I will likely go QD Talleys for rings.
Inletted swivel stud on buttstock (again, debating on blued or case colored)
Depending on the chambering (narrowed down to about 3) I will either go red pad or do an inletted skeleton butt plate (again, not sure if blued or case colored).

I am hoping to solicit suggestions from the people that have gone down this road before.
Any good metal work guys at the top of the list?
Good stock makers?
Any holes in my thoughts? Anything you would do different?