[quote
I would disagree with you about wolves being "pansies." What happens is that wolves do not take well to training from humans. You can tame a wild wolf pup any way you want, and that wolf will always have a problem with humans around it. It may be in the genes to fear humans (I have no idea). It may not always fear its owner, but will fear strangers. But let it be in the wilderness where it belongs, and it will stand it's own against any fighting dog, bears, etc. [/quote]
Its a pansy, a candy ass, a wimp, [color:"red"] compared to bred fighting [/color] dogs that is. Point, training and taming is not something needed much from a fighting pit dog. A wolf would never stand a chance on a one on one encounter with a dog whose sole existance was for killing any other dog it was put in a fight with. Stop and think about it....
And in the wilderness if a Pit and a wolf tangled, yea, the wolf is in it's element so it would have the option of running away, and that would be what would save its ass in a one on one fight, but then again, by the time it knew it met it's match that would mean the pit bull, who was bred for large BEARTRAP like jaws was already on its neck, and that is game over for my fuzzy wolf. I will say it again, fighting dogs do not look like a wolf for a reason. Every dog breed was bred and perfected for a certain thing. The breeding was more geneticly engineered that you think and that is why all breeds look so different is because of centuries of perfection.
Wolves were perfected by evolution to kill animals that do not fight back as a general rule. They also hunt in packs for this reason. They are not perfected for fighting each other.