Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
[/quote]

Thank you my friend. I am honestly just having ab bit of fun with them. I enjoy a good dullard every now and then.
Do you have dogs right now? If so what kind?

Yes, I've two german shephards, an aussie, and an aussie cross. I got the aussie cross from the pound as pup 11 years ago, he's fading fast and will be missed. Irreplaceable that one, acted as a dishrag for the kids faces, a pillow, jungle gym, and his hair made for some great handholds when the kids were learning to walk. Only time he ever snapped at the kids was when my boy bit his ear hard enough to leave little tooth marks. The tooth marks were seen after the fact, and no contact was made, just scared the kid. Still glad I wasn't home at the time. I got the male shephard when we lived in AZ, to watch the house and family when I wasn't home. A buddy had his full brother from a previous litter, and I liked the looks of him, his sire was reputededly a dog killing machine. No papers, but the vets and neighbors who knew a lot about the breed said his conformation was excellent, so I left him uncut hoping to get a couple more out of him. He really bonded with my wife, and was tolerant of me. I didn't want a lapdog, he had a job, so I let it go. He growled at me one time though, and looking in is eyes I didn't like what I saw. I'd had him since he was just off the tit, and so I gave him a chance and had him castrated. New dog. Not the protector he once was, pretty much a big dumb loyal pup, but he still keeps folks in their car when they show up. Lay hands on the wife and he'd eat still you're lunch I'd be willin to bet. He's 100 lbs or so. The other aussie is just a furry little pet, no real use, too timid, but a nice companion and a heck of an alarm. Dang dog barks at anything. The other shepherd is a female I got a few years ago, a lot smaller than the male, and a real sweetheart. She's my son's dog. I picked her up and drover her 3 hours home as a little pup, and she's been a man's dog ever since. She likes the girls well enough, but she'll follow me or the boy to hell and back. Always at your heels, gunshots, engine noise, nothing fazes her. When the dogs get to playing and carrying on in the yard she's always at the center defending herself from multiple attackers, pretty neat to watch. Hackles up, head and tail down spinning and biting whirlwind. As the kids get older and the dogs I've got now die off, I'll probably keep replacing them large german shephards. I've found I really like the breed, and while I like the idea of a really big mean and tough as hell fighting type dog around the homestead, I don't have the experience (or the time to gain such experience) with that type of dog to be comfortable with it around at this point. [/quote]

A good GSD is a great dog indeed. Unfortunately the AKC has all but ruined them. The slanted back causes a plethora of issues all inn the name of "beauty".
Sad...
Thank you for sharing.
By the way... Have you noticed how all of these novices jjust keep spouting out the same phrases without even truly reading my posts?
Nature doesn't allow for fighting machines. Logic will tell you that even a small wound without getting treated can cause death. The wolf is about surviving not championships.