If people drove Autobahn rules, the freeways would be safer. Lead, follow or GTF out of the way, for God's sake!
I always flash trucks when needed, give them room, never do the dive and turn, always always signal and acknowledge.
And they notice.
I've had long drives where the truckers are apparently talking about me, friendly flashes and quick pull-overs. Amazing what some overt courtesy and road awareness will get you.
One night back east, I even got the flashity flash, tucked right in and there were the cops.....don't know if it was the Montana plates or what, but the big rigs were watching out for us, this was I think in Kentucky. Couple miles later the running lights blinked again and away we went.
Then, of course, there is the Magnet @$$ game, especially in Washington State. Come up on a gaggle and you'll always skin off several as you pass.
So, what happens when you move back over to the right lane?
And then slow down? Yep. Magnet @$$.

And by the way, governors stink and are dangerous. There should be a limited override to allow going faster for two miles or so to allow a run on a hill or to complete a pass in good time. But THAT would make sense.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.