I know Robert but have not spoken to him since before this thread began. I can't speak for Robert's customer service but I can speak to his talents as a gunmaker and his qualities as a man.

When I set out to learn how to fit and chamber my own barrels, one of the most well-respected gunmakers in the country told me that I should learn from Robert. Robert is not a "monkey see, monkey do" gunmaker but, rather, a very intelligent man who asks "why?" at every step in the process. He is a next-level thinker. His techniques are always pushing the boundaries of perfection which is why he gets calls all day long from others in the business asking for his input. Any hack can fit and chamber a barrel but a select few guys take the process to the level that he does.

Robert didn't know me from a hole in the ground but he put me up on his farm and spent two days walking me through the building process. Our mutual friend's endorsement was enough for him. He taught me the "why" of every step and challenged me to ensure that I was getting the picture. During my time in his shop, I witnessed a steady stream of calls and visits from people who wanted, and received his help. He would not accept my money for his time and, for that, I am eternally grateful.

I have been in the shoes (with other makers) of the frustrated customers who are waiting patiently for their rifles and I'm not here to make excuses on anyone's behalf. Part of the reason that I learned to build my own rifles was that I couldn't stand waiting for others to do the work, only to find that it wasn't done correctly. That said, I can't stand by and watch a guy get dragged through the mud who was so generous to me. If Robert wasn't constantly helping others, he'd surely get more work done. All I can say is, when he's done with your rifle, it will shoot.

He was just beginning the physical expansion of his shop when I visited. Hopefully his new equipment and staff will help him speed up his build process and work through his backlog. I hope that for him, as well as his customers.

Last edited by Woodhits; 08/29/16. Reason: grammar