Originally Posted by Mule Deer

In all that time I never cleaned any brass, and never found any difference in how the RCBS dies worked, even after loading an awful lot of ammo with 'em.

***In fact I shot the barrel out*** on that first .270 mostly because it made such pretty little groups. All that ammo was loaded with the RCBS dies, and they were still making very straight ammo with 150 Hornadys at the time of the "upgrade."

However, while the cases were sometimes a little tarnished, I couldn't call them "dirty," since most weren't ejected into the Montana dirt, but moved from the rifle's action to the ammo box the loaded rounds just came from. (The few that landed in the dirt usually did so while hunting, so were sometimes lost.)

Whadoyaknow ! you're right AGAIN!! whistle

It's amazing how often you are RIGHT. laugh

I also got ALL the case cleaning equipment, tumbler (old ice cream freezer), cob & walnut media, et.al. After a couple of times I decided 'shiny' brass wasn't worth the time/effort.

I have the SAME 270 RCBS dies I started with in 1976(?) also the SAME RCBS 300 WM dies I bought in 1978/9 (?). I found the same results that you have.

OTOH if pretty brass is worth the time/effort to someone ,cleaning the brass doesn't hurt anything.

Thnx
Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!