Assuming with a 7 mag you will want to reach out a little the suggestion on the Leupold might include CDS. I love my model 77 in 7 mag it is 40 years old this year and has killed truck loads of deer and elk. Starting fresh I'd probably buy a stainless Tikka with a Zeiss HD 5 and Z600 reticle or a vx6 in my favorite magnification.

I'd suggest you try to handle several rifles and look through a bunch of scopes to see what feels best to you then research them before you buy. My hunting rifles are tools and have been well cared for but seen lots of brush and trees and other ding causing stuff so I'd probably go synthetic but wood is certainly more attractive.

A nice Sako might squeeze your optics budget but they are nice rifles that hold their value.

Good luck there are so many good choices available within your budget it is a little challenging unless you have your preferences identified and prioritized.

Weight, barrel length, action type, steel preference, safety type and location, stock fit and material. Magnification, reticle, illuminated, twist turrets in the field or range adjust in the reticle. Is used an option corridor or scope. Lots of ways to narrow your choices to fit your needs.