You might take a little time to peruse the "sold" No.1's on various auction sites. Also note how many do not sell at their asking pricing.

The hornet in the no.1 has been made for a while, perhaps in two different time frames in the last 20 years or so. Odd, that they in hornet did not sell well; now all of a sudden there is more of a market seemingly. Is it a true market? not sure here; so everyone has to think a little.

Locally here, I have never seen a no.1 sell in real money for more than 700 in the last 30 years and it was an early non prefix with vertical bases in pristine condition.......but common caliber.

My local gunshops shy away from buying no.1's unless in the 400 or less range, just really slow movers for them.

My last 22lr conversion was done on a hornet No.1B, guess that beauty of the no.1 is that the action/stock can house almost any cartridge you would want........so tis a very versatile donor.

I am not a reseller, but would hate to put more than 600 into any no.1; these guns come and go at the local gunshops; most stay a long time at numbers above 600. Just the way it is here.