TerryK: I and a friend came across a MINT Ruger #1-B in 22 Hornet this summer at a small gun show in SW Montana.
If my friend would not have shown interest in it I would have bought it.
This Ruger #1-B had VERY good wood and came as new with rings and the original box.
It obviously had been shot VERY little.
My friend paid $850.00 for the gun.
He has not shot it as yet.
Again if my friend had not wanted it and bought it at that price "I" would have.
I bought one of these Ruger #1-B's in 22 Hornet, new, many years ago. It was "difficult" to get to shot (group) well.
After many trials and tribulations I finally got it to shoot groups (five shots at 100 yards) measuring in the 7's and 8's (.7" to .9") with Varmint bullets.
Prior to that it shot 1.5" to 2.0" groups there at 100 yards with dozens of different loads/bullets!
If my Rifle did not have such lovely wood on it I would have sold it long ago.
My Rifle's "twin" bought in the same year, which is in caliber 218 Bee, shot well right from the get go!
Both Rifles have Leupold 6x18 variable scopes on them for your comparison.
I wish I could give you a more definitive appraisal, price wise, for you friends #1-B but they are kind of rare.
I have NO idea what that 22 Hornet would be worth in the #3 configuration - never owned one and never wanted one of those in any caliber.
Best of luck to you in your dealing.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy