Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Clark, I don't understand your post. Yes I see copper in a barrel. I have many many blued rifles with the most of them with blue in the bore. They don't copper. Just JB it out and be done with it.

You could have said that you doubted the bluing caused the fast fouling.

I could have asked how much of the fast fouling do you think is attributed to the bluing.

We could has spoken like we understand science but did not really know much about the fouling at the level of controlled experiments validating equations. When you play by the rules, you have to admit you don't really know much. You want to guess, but you have hypothesis bias. That's a start. Then there is lots of work to formalize the hypotheses and get those hostile to it to replicate the data, etc. It costs a lot of money. I have yet to see ANY controlled studies on Copper fouling, let alone the effects of bluing. If you know anything for sure, please tell.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps