Range results:

Load Series I (7mm Magnum, Lapua Naturalis, Norma MRP): This series was perhaps too mild. Average velocity about 2720 f/s for 60 grain charge to 2750 f/s for 62 grain charge. The 62 grain charge produced an outstanding group (about 0.5 inches) at 100 yards.

Load Series II (7mm Magnum, Lapua Naturalis, Norma 217): This load was perhaps too hot. My starting load with 69 grain of powder resulted in average velocity about 2930 f/s. Since this is already close to top speed I was expecting, I did not fire the rest of the series. Accuracy was acceptable (group about 1 inch).

Load Series III (300 Win Mag, Lapua Naturalis, Norma MRP): This series seemed to be properly estimated as it gave velocities I was expecting for this caliber. The average velocity for the starting load (72 grain) was 2900 f/s and it increased to 3120 f/s for the max load (76 grain). The best accuracy was acchied with 75 grains of powder.

Load Series IV (300 Weath Mag, Lapua Naturalis, Norma MRP):
This series seemed to be near max as it gave top velocities even with the starting load. The average velocity for the starting load (82 grain) was 3100 f/s. The velocity increased to 3280 f/s for the load just below max (85 grain). The bolt started lifting with difficulty so I did not fire my max load (86 grain).

Any thoughts or comments?

Thank you,
-Omid

-----------------

Testing 7mm Rem Mag Loads:

[Linked Image]

Testing 300 WM Loads:

[Linked Image]