Originally Posted by wildcat33
You don't mention what kind of dog you have or what you will be doing with your dog, but since you mention that it's been started by a professional trainer I would assume you intend to use it as a hunting dog. In which case this collar is probably not appropriate. 100ft of usable distance is too small for any practical use in the field.

Sorry about that. I have a Nova Scotia Duck Toller and have used him for upland and ducks.

After posting I did a bit more reading and realized that the range of the Smart Delta was only 100 ft and thought more about getting my phone out and opening an app every time I wanted to use the collar. I ended up getting what my trainer used, a Garmin Pro 70. There is a rebate on them at the moment ($50 USD) so it ended up being a little bit more than the Smart Delta, but range is much better. I also liked the remote lights on the collar.

Thanks all for the info.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke