Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Bob: I just wanted to point out of the reasons as to why some folks prefer monometals. You can go down in bullet weight without losing penetration. Also, if you look at the bullets themselves, it appears that TSX would tend to cause more damage. Personally, I have not done enough hands on research, but this much I know: I use whatever bullet works best in the particular rifle I plant to hunt with and of course, I match velocity to construction. That elk I shot with my 300 Weatherby with a 180 TTSX showed complete and utter internal destruction and the heart had a fifty cent sized hole throught the center of it. Cheers, J

Jorge, IMO/ IME a TSX will certainly not do as much damage. For a couple reasons. One being that it does not shed the front end like a Nosler Partition is designed to do and secondly a Barnes typically has less frontal area due to the space between the petals.
IMO the TTSX only redeeming factor is the fact I don't have to worry about feeding my kids lead, which is my motivation for using them. That and they seem to be far less bitchy as far as getting them to shoot goes vs. the Nosler and Hornady monometals.

My experiences are VASTLY different that yours.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”