Recoil is subjective and variable.

Your 270/150 combo can be perfectly comfortable in one rifle and a complete SOB in another. Stock geometry, stock construction, and overall rifle weight are key. Charge weight also enters in to it.

I was at our "ranch" yesterday shooting. Mainly I concentrated on 150 Partitions from my Kimber 270 84L MT. It weighs 6lbs 1.7 oz's scoped. I can tell you the RL17 52.0 gr load at 2,910 vs. the RL26 59.0 load at 3,030 feel VERY different. I could give a crap about 120 fps more.

I'm closer to 60 than 50, and I've definitely changed in what I "want" to tolerate recoil-wise. I say "want" because I can still shoot any rifle out there that I shot in my 20's, I just don't want to! I've learned killing is more about shot placement and bullet quality that sheer horsepower.

Moving forward, I'm gravitating to lighter recoiling rifles. The only "magnum" I own is a 300 WSM. Its 180 at 3,030 is as much as I care to deal with.

IMO, the finest all-around BG round, with light recoil, suitable for all that my homestate (MT) has to offer is the 7-08.

The 308 is a close second.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery