Originally Posted by RinB
Were you dissatisfied with a 300 Win that shoots into .3's?
The best it would do was .3s and if I went back out to shoot that same load it throw one erratically....found out the barrel wasn't lapped properly due to copper fouling about 8" before muzzle. It's lapped properly now being Robert redone it!

Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
so let me get this straight you had a 300 win mag that shot in the 3's?!?!? with a lightweight barrel no less? based on the pictures you posted except for the one group it looks to me like the old barrel shot better. I think expecting a 300 mag to shoot at or below .5 moa is a tall order at best. .5 moa is really all the accuracy anyone can use anyway. The rest is just being anal.
No sir the older didn't being the 75.3grns shoot consistently in current barrel. When I settled with the load that was established with Bartlein it wouldNOT should THAT particular load consistent. Didn't show the other pics of the previous loading with this barrel @ 75.3grns that were actually better. To say the least you are correct on expecting .5moa being a tall order I just EXPECT Gradous rifles to do better.......and was being anal. grin