I have a Coleman 150 qt. Extreme that stays locked down in the bed of my truck from September through January 15th and the end of our deer seasons. The cooler has some channels molded into the interior and on the one closest to the drain plug I made a partition with that 1/2" blue foam insulation board cut to fit tightly. A lid was made from the same material and I now have a cooler within a cooler. Inside the small partioned off section I keep iced down drinks and lunches. The big open portion stays dry until we kill a deer. We gutless debone and pack our deer out and once we have a deer in there we add ice to cover and chill it. That's nice on those warm mid-September early October bow hunts. That takes the urgency out of making a kill in warm temperatures. The rest of the cooler is plenty big enough for a couple deboned whitetails and enough ice to keep it deep chilled for days. If there is a deer in there I pull the cooler out and set it on a slope and pull the drain plug to let any bloody water drain out. Add ice if and when necessary. When I get ready after letting it age, I pull the meat out and process it, wash the cooler out with a water/bleach solution and back in the truck it goes ready for the next one. It's a good system for my family and our hunting.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.