Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Marlin XS7 in 243 from CDNN, $250 while they last, but if you want one, you'd better hurry.

Plus, I think that exposed hammer firearms are dangerous in the hands of the great majority of novice hunters or at least in the hands of those who I have seen while afield.

That's a great price on rifles that, if not prom queens, have a reputation for shooting well.

Not so sure about the exposed hammer thing. First, others can easily see if the rifle is fully cocked or not, something that can be more difficult wit bolt guns. Second, many such rifles not have hammer-block safeties, making them little different than bolt guns. Third, novices can easily fail to use the safety on a bolt gun, or improperly cycle cartridges to unload the magazine.

The big difference I see is when lowering the hammer on a loaded chamber. The opportunity for an AD due to a thumb slip certainly exists. I know that for a fact... smile

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.