My hats off to you gentlemen who will shoot one of the big guns from the bench. The older I get, and especially since my heart surgery, I don't even shoot my Ruger UL 270 much anymore.

It reminds me of the crusty ol' gunsmith in my hometown (he's now deceased). Told me about 3 men who came to him wanting him to re-chamber their handguns to a 454 Casull. He told them he would if they bought the reamer, which they did. Apparently they weren't feeling as froggy when it came down to crunch time so they brought him one of the guns to try out 1st. He re-chambered/re-bored (can't remember what all he had to do to it) the gun and the 3 guys came and picked it up. He guessed that satisfied their thirst for a big bore handgun as he never saw them again.

One last thing from you men who have hunted the dangerous game with the big bores. Do you feel the recoil when you pull the trigger on one of them? Those of us who shoot game such as a whitetail know that there is no felt recoil whenever we shoot at game, but wondering if that changes as the bore gets larger.