Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Is 416 Rigby even close?

Not even remotely close.

Absolutely correct, the 600 and even 700 Nitros pale in comparison to my 8 Bore black powder rifle.

IIRC, a 10lb rifle firing 400 grs black powder under an 825 gr round ball at 1450 fps has 190 ft. lbs free recoil! shocked

That old heifer really boots fully loaded, the 300 gr charge is plenty enough for me or anything I'd ever hunt with it.

The biggest I've shot was a 505 Gibbs after 15 rounds I was getting a head ache.

I can imagine the hell out of that JWP, 15 505's from the bench would make a man a little soupy.

15 505s? From a bench?

I like me more than that.

The worst I ever fired were .460 and .378 Wby; neither braked, neither scoped. The .460 just knocked me backwards. The .378 hit so hard and fast I could not get out of the way. The .460 would be like getting hit by Foreman; just an irresistible force. The .378? Tyson; just a lightening bolt. Never again; either of them.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.