Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Welcome to the fire. Great place to hang out.. Good thread too since I'm going to get a Tikka one of these days. I'm always interested in what these guys have to say about them.. Generally it's all positive, so it makes the choice in Tikka pretty much a no brainer..

Number 7 slated to be delivered to my FFL tomorrow. Tikkas are cool. I have or had them in, 22/250,25/06,7 Rem mag,338 Win mag,300 WSM,and 30/06. Hunter,stainless and lite. The early stainless version (22/250),was prone to rust. The later stainless T3s have been rust free. That particular T3 was one of the first to hit the shelves. They are still a very good value,even though prices are creeping up on the "X" version. Its been said they lack soul. Too much plastic. Key stock recoil lug. And so on.

If I had to buy a rifle the day before a hunt,it would be a T3. I have the utmost confidence I could have one field ready in a matter of a couple hours,with hand loads,in any of the calibers I mentioned. They just flat work right out of the box.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."