Originally Posted by Otter6
I fired a 280 Rem in a T3 7 Rem Mag. The action stood it just fine. Blew the bottom out of the magazine,and the bolt shroud off. By the way,that plastic shroud snapped back on and hasn't been a problem since. I took a bit of brass frag to the face,but can't say things would have been any better with a Remmy or Savage or Winchester. I held a handfull of snow on it for a few minuets. Stings a bit when a 280 ruptures in a 7mm mag.

The moral of the story is this. ONE type of ammo on the bench at a time! Two open 50 round boxes. Both loaded with Nosler Ballistic Tips. All with the same color tips. BOOM! Picked the wrong cartridge from the wrong box and pulled the loud lever. Never again. I have no qualms about the Tikka action being strong.

My brother did exactly that with a 7mm-08 cartridge in a .30-06 Tikka. No gas, fragments, nothing. The report sounded odd and I didn't see a hole in the paper. He extracted the case and the shoulder was gone. Same cause, more than one ammo box on the table.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001