There were some previous PM's from other members and I am going by who responded first.

Thanks for the offers but for the time being no financial help is needed.

And to be totally clear this is a little bit of a sketchy deal and I do not want to get anyone's hopes up. It's not like I'm giving away my dog.

This dog was either dropped off at the house or 'belongs' to someone who is never at the house.

I have no idea if it would be starving to death or not but I think it would be so that's why we took it under our wing.

I've been hoping we would run into the 'owners' because I would like to nicely ask them what's up and maybe get the dog free and clear without resorting to what could be considered theft.

It's just a bad situation.

And here I am talking about it on the internet which is probably not very smart but whatever, something has to be done.

We were up feeding cows this morning and were about a mile away from the house and I could hear a pack of coyotes howling and yipping away. Sure enough we drive back out to the gate and 3 of them were looking over towards the house and road. Get closer and no dog. My heart starts sinking but luckily we find him down the running down the gravel road. He might be dead right now if we didn't stop and scoop him up....

And if the 'owners' read this and get pissed whatever. They probably wouldn't have a dog now even if I didn't take him.

Guess I don't consider it stealing but nonetheless it's one of those deals where you just wish everything was out in the open.

I don't want to create any problems for a potential owner.

Just wanted to get that out there to everyone.