Originally Posted by Deflagrate
Congratulations! Really nice bucks.
It's heartwarming to see young guys can still get out and do adventures.
What is that old rifle you used? Thought it might be a Husqvarna 640, then saw the bolt is straight down. Home smithed? Hand down in the family?

Thanks! It was an awesome trip I hope I can do it again soon! We saw a gob of elk, at least one almost every day, even a couple branch bulls and a pile of spikes. I wish there was a cow hunt or something going in that unit that time of year. That would be a nice bonus on an adventure like this. We saw two other bucks that were bruisers and woulda been contenders for wall space if it worked out frown

My rifle is in fact a Husky but idk about the 640. It says "Husqvarna Vapenfabriks AB .30-06 US" on the barrel. Nothing more, nothing less. But It was the only rifle my grandfather ever bought for himself and it has been passed down from him to my dad to me. It killed his last deer and elk, my dad's first bull, my first buck and every one since minus my bow kills and one forked horn I shot with my revolver. The bolt handle isn't straight, it's just the angle of the camera. I had a timeny trigger out on a few years ago. 58.8gr of Ramshot Hunter and a 180gr Partition seated to SAAMI specs results in pretty little clover leaves at 100yds. The rifle shoots better than I do.

"When the last deer disappears into the morning mist, When the last elk vanishes from the hills, When the last buffalo falls on the plains, I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom." Chief Joseph