Originally Posted by Deflagrate
Originally Posted by Bulls_Bucks_Boars

My rifle is in fact a Husky but idk about the 640. It says "Husqvarna Vapenfabriks AB .30-06 US" on the barrel. Nothing more, nothing less. But It was the only rifle my grandfather ever bought for himself and it has been passed down from him to my dad to me. It killed his last deer and elk, my dad's first bull, my first buck and every one since minus my bow kills and one forked horn I shot with my revolver. The bolt handle isn't straight, it's just the angle of the camera. I had a timeny trigger out on a few years ago. 58.8gr of Ramshot Hunter and a 180gr Partition seated to SAAMI specs results in pretty little clover leaves at 100yds. The rifle shoots better than I do.

Very nice and a fine heirloom with a story. You did your Grandfather proud.
Yes, it's a Model 640. They're built on FN 98 actions Husqvarna imported in the 1930's through 1950's. Fine rifles with very good hammer forged barrels. I always found it odd that FN sold highest quality commercial actions to a Swedish company during the war. I have one in 8mm.
Again, welcome aboard and thank you for your adventure story.

Good to know, thanks! Dad passed a lot of that info down with the rifle but I never knew it was a 640. I'll have to do a serial number search to find the manufacture date now! I love that rifle it will be a bitter sweet to hand it down to one of my kids someday. If I shoot the barrel out before I pass it along I'm tempted to turn it into a 35 Whelen

Now that I've thought about it, that rifle killed my dad's biggest buck too, a nontypical 5x5 blacktail with eyeguards I just posted on the big bucks thread on the deer hunting board.

"When the last deer disappears into the morning mist, When the last elk vanishes from the hills, When the last buffalo falls on the plains, I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom." Chief Joseph