'Twere it my wont to carry a small revolver for CCW, it would definitely be the Bulldog (I've got the SS Pug). Noticeably lighter and smaller than the GP and if you're shooting 200 gr Gold Dots under 900 fps, it's not too bad. Tough little guns.

I doubt the GP was aimed at that market. It fits better as an all around, general purpose outdoor/backup gun. It is exactly as I would've spec'd if I was ordering a custom. Wonder how much business Ruger diverted from custom guys who converted GP's into 5 shot .44 Spl?

Mine was pretty dang good outta the box and after some stoning and a spring kit, it has a fantastic DA pull (and, yes Clark, SA as well.) I love mine and find it about perfect. Once this hideous winter clears up and I can dare to venture off road I'm gonna find a nice load for mine that I can churn out on the Dillon.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...