Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Is that the Feb or April issue? let my subscription lapse but was thinking of getting the April issue just to see Jamison's article.

Anyway, I would like to read his reasoning behind those .44 Spl recommendations. The Flattops are 6 shot and built on the old mid-size Blackhawk frame while these GP-100's are 5 shooters so I would guess the cylinder diameter of the GP100 is smaller. The Flattops could definitely take the Keith level loads. They were not that much fun to shoot in the revolver but the option was there.

Jim,
April issue, page 26, under "mike's shootin' shack
Mike Venturino making the statement
on page 71 of the article:"so here is my advice to all who might want more velocity than say 900fps with 240/250grain, 44caliber bullets: get a 44magnum revolver."
that caught my eye. basically he was loading past there on a hand ejector first model and had trouble with it.
I thought it interesting because of the brian pearce article some years back where he had three levels of performance, and levels two and three were beyond the old factory ammo.
i typically don't load beyond about 900fps that being the sweet spot.
however a do have a "skeeter" gun a model 28 converted to 44special, that i am pretty sure can handle the pressure.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 03/07/17.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO