Bugger, I mis-applied the greeting. My apologies. If rifles were as recalcitrant as the Internet, I'd probably take up knitting.... Wayne

Originally Posted by WvZ
Well put, Missouri Ed. Hunting is not shooting; a shot merely concludes a hunt. And yes, a scoped 200-yard rifle is indeed a better option than a .30-30 saddle gun if the family has wearied of Walmart hot dogs. The year before last, I'd like to have had an iron-sighted carbine for the shot; last fall, irons wouldn't have worked, and the reach of my .30-06 was most welcome!..... Wayne

Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Very interesting and well written article. Thanks,
Originally Posted by Bugger
I really liked the article as well. I agree with many of the things you wrote. I don't think I'll be taking my 32 Special or my 30-30 though, cause I don't get to hunt as much as I'd like and I need a little help (a scope and a 200 yard rifle will do). On the other hand your comments on long range shooting of elk is right on. Last year my son and I were hunting in WY. We ran across a hunter whose first words to us was my rifle can kill elk at 1,000 yards. We avoided that hunter, rather we avoided that shooter. Hunting is a lot different than shooting, IMHO.