As of this morning, Re26 is my preference for .280 Remington, so my H4831SC will be relegated to other duties.

I'm playing with one of the Model 70 Super Grades commissioned by Midway. I've been working with it for several months. It became apparent right off the bat that the velocity potential was outstanding with Re26 and 3000 fps was easily within reach with a 150-grain Partition. Having chased velocity before and ending up overly frustrated, I kept looking for *the load* at around 2930 fps, where I thought there was something promising. It just didn't work out so I went ahead and bumped the charge up. I had seen that seating about .031" off the lands seemed to work so I stuck with it.

So, this morning I had six rounds each at three charge weights, intending to shoot two three-round groups of each charge. Someone is bound to ask, so I'll reveal that the charge weights were 61.1, 61.3, and 61.5 grains. As I shot them, the groups got tighter as the load got hotter. At 61.5 I got a group measuring .78 inch and one measuring .70 inch. The groups superimposed measure about .80 inch. Velocity was measured with a Oehler 35P about 15 feet from the muzzle and averaged 3006 fps for this load. Extreme spread for the six shots was 14 fps. SD may be pretty meaningless for six rounds, but since the chronograph gives it to me free I record it, and it was 5 fps this time out.

I'm plenty happy with this and intend to load all my .280 brass up with the load and go out and kill stuff with it.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.