Originally Posted by beretzs
I love those 725's, very similar to a Model 70 Featherweight to me. My 280's had a recoil pad added, but it shoots just fine as it sits.

Those old 721's were really great rifles for their day and at 425, I think I would have caved.

Man, I almost did. Now I have the regrets!!! I may go there tomorrow!! I really like the 725 because of the safety lever. They took that design from the M1917 I love. Very easy to manipulate. I've heard some guys prefer that style even over the venerable wing safety. Sweet rifles you have there Scotty. Those pumps can be wicked accurate as well. Almost had my azz handed to me by a young dude (I mean got dang country boy) shooting a 760 in an offhand match when I was younger. If it hadn't been for the 1 extra egg I shot offhand at 100 yards, he would have taken home the pot. That sob kept up tit for tat on the 4" steel plates. Not really a challenge for either of us. He knew how to handle that 760 and it was pretty impressive from my standpoint.. Walked away with $150 that day. Made me appreciate the 760 much more after that. They aren't just an "Amish machine gun" or however that phrase goes. I bought one because of that day, but the one I had rattled too much. So I sold it. It was a cool left hand model and it shot very well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA