Sheetrock is up so wireless would be better. I looked into a local security installer for a wired system but his price for cameras was way high. I just couldn't spend that for a limited system with no cameras.

Glass break and glass sensors really isn't that big of a deal as most of the windows are high enough that they can't be easily accessed without a ladder. I'm more interested in motion operated cameras and a motion activated alarm for when we aren't home. There's so many systems out there now with his that can be upgraded and reviews are all over the place.

I've look led into Simplisafe, Frontpoint (which my brother just installed), Canary, Blink, Iris, Abode, Scout and some others I'm sure I've missed. I'd rather have an integrated camera/alarm and not have to split the camera and alarms up but may not be able to do so with a DIY kit and get what I want.

Thanks for the advice so far, just soaking it all in now. I want to make sure we get what we need and it is functional, that's why I like the new hub style systems that are expandable with IFTTT devices.

Last edited by UNCCGrad; 03/21/17.