Thanks for the help gents. Our first year we froze for three days and finally my son got one rushed shot - his first in actual field conditions into a herd at 240 yds at near dark. He missed as he had to rush when the cow finally separated for a clear shot for just an instance.

The second year I was very proud and we both got a cow at the same time into a herd that was at a full run in a valley about 200 feet below us and 260 yds as the bullet flies (a much longer walk)

The third year - after 3 days we finally saw one animal and I took a shot at 425 - longer than I would prefer, but it was our only chance. I never thought I would shoot that far and I think I did not add the full 19 inches I needed for my 300WSM 180 AB. I missed.

The POF P308 is very picky with hunting bullets - we cannot seem to get the Partitions to group. I will try accubonds. The POF guys talked me into a 16.5 barrel and I wish I got the 20 as I never thought we would use it like this - he just far prefers to shoot it and the suppressor makes it real nice. Compared to all the charts I guess I am losing about 200fps in the 16.5 vs the 20 barrel?