Originally Posted by mudhen
We have a 2012 Tundra SR5 four-door with the 6 1/2 ft bed and 4WD. It also has the TRD off-road package. We're well over 144K on the odometer and have done nothing to it except the scheduled service. We replaced the OEM tires at about 25K and are on our second set of Hankook DynaPro ATMs. I did trash the front skid plate 2 1/2 years ago, but that was my fault, not any failure of the truck. Living in the middle of nowhere, most of our miles are highway miles, but we do a lot of off-roading on BLM and National Forest roads, as well as on unimproved ranch roads and two-tracks.

If you want a truck that will last 8 years, I would strongly recommend that you look at the Tundra. Before we bought the Tundra we had a Tacoma 4WD on which we put over 248K miles over an eight year period. Other than scheduled maintenance, we only replaced the center CV joint in the rear drive shaft at a little over 100K miles because it was a little loose. It was still running like a watch when we sold it. (The trucks overlapped for about 3 years before we bought a Mercury Sable for a road car.)

Looking very hard at one , chevy silverado and a 4 runner . After this past experience not rushing into anything.