Originally Posted by Bugger
Sierra is better for paper. That's about all Sierras are good for. Hornady Bullets are for game animals. I shot a doe in the shoulder with a Sierra Game King bullet, it never entered the lungs. It took several more bullets to drop the deer. Other hunters I know have had similar failures with Sierra's!

My elk hunting partner was a Game King addict....but always (always..) had numerous follow up shots when he got his elk. His rifle of choice was/is a Browning A Bolt 338 Winchester. I'd politely suggest if he switched to Partitions he wouldn't get in a firefight every time we got into elk. His last time using GK's was when I was videoing his hunt (I'd tagged out previously) and he took a nice 6x6. It took seven shots, all broadside hits, before the bull hit the dirt. The 250 grain GK's were blowing up on the shoulder, ribs, you name it. Got it all on film. He stood over the elk and looked at all the blown up holes and then and there asked me if I'd help him work up some partition loads for next year. That was 2005...every elk hunt since has literally been a one-shot deal with the Partitions.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.