Originally Posted by byc
Figured it was just a matter of time before you returned. No Georgia huh?

I've been looking in that same area of east TN as well as South West Virginia. And lately areas around MT Mitchell, NC.

I like the tax benefits of TN but it does take on some extreme weather. SW Virginia is absolutely beautiful. NC has some weird laws and strange people. Think they all came from Walla Walla. wink

Headed down to the Chattanooga/Cleveland areas over the next 3 weeks. Also looking at a nice home with 60 acres in Turtletown for 499k. Probably take a look at Old Fort and Dalton as well. Will let you know what I learn.

Hah! It's in my blood!

My folks have some acreage over looking the mountains just up from the Hiawassee river and 411. Beautiful place. Wheat fields are leased out, mom raises some sheep and alpacas, pop rides around on his tractor hauling wood and tending his chickens. Nice way to live!

Hell, shoot me a PM and I'm sure they'd be happy to meet you!

Forget Atlanta. Been there and done that. Lol. Chattanooga is close to the folks, my main reason for wanting to move back, and seems like a great place for work and kids.

Walla Walla would keep me next to the Mountains and western hunting, but very limited opportunities for my wife and schools are lacking.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”