Madmooner, I certainly don't blame you for wanting off this sinking ship, we haven't had a competent captain since Spellman. The freaks and geeks are ruining this place. Being close to your mom and dad is decision that I admire for you and your children. You'll look back someday and thank God you spent their last years together surrounded by love and laughter. Your children will carry the memories of their time spent with grandma and grandpa, memories they'll cherish all their days.

I can't offer any help about Tennessee but my observations of the south in general is that good, warm hearted folks inhabit every corner of our nation and once you're out of the cities you'll be in the company of the best of people. Southern folks take pride in their cooking, hospitality and politeness and do so sans-pretense. The flip side is DAMN there's a lot of black people down there which is something I'm not used to. 😬 In their defense I saw more black guys WORKING in one week down there than I ever have up here. I'm a Pacific Northwest guy and can handle the cold but not the heat, humidity, snakes and snakes.

When you said East I thought Idaho or Montana but I can't think of a better reason to move than family. Good luck and I'm sure that you'll not regret it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~