Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I recently bought a stainless laminated T3x from Whittakers in 308. Figured it was a safe bet to be a decent shooter.

So far with 3 different factory loads I have yet to shoot a group approaching MOA. I might pull the brand new scope and put a known good scope just to check but this is really frustrating.

Anyone else run into a dog of a Tikka? Do they claim any expected accuracy standard?

I agree with the others: try a trusted scope. I'll also add check the scope's mounts.

That said, you can get a lemon in any mass produced rifle. I had a T3 in 7-08 that was just a 1.75" rifle at 100 yards, and I tried a number of loads and several scopes.

I still killed a lot of hogs and deer with it, but it never sat right with me so I traded it off.

Last fall I picked up a T3x from Whittker's in 7-08. I haven't shot many different loads through it so far, but all of the groups I have shot are well under an inch for four shots.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain